Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Warhammer!!!!!!!!!!!




My son has become obsessed with this game Warhammer. He and his friend spent six hours today at a shop painting their warhammer miniatures. He spent $120.00 on these tiny warhammer guys, and he still had to put them together and paint them. I guess this is part of the fun.

At first I was concerned that my son had become a full fledged gamer nerd. Then I realized what's wrong with that? He could be doing drugs or stealing. This is also a game that requires the players to be sitting in the same room and interacting. This is so much better than the hours he has spent on his XBox 360 Live. I figure a warhammer nerd is a pretty okay thing to be. Especially when your best buds are even bigger Warhammer geeks.

Hopefully this obsession won't lead to the most frightening of all gaming addictions. The meth of the gaming world, World of Warcraft! I had 2 hours of my life stolen from me on Christmas Eve listening to people in my husband's family talk solely about this game. I hope Warhammer isn't a gateway game.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My daughter's a Play-Doh addict.
I fear it may lead to Easy Bake Oven dependency issues later.