Monday, January 5, 2009

My new boyfriend


I love Josh Brolin! I need the world to know. I am sorry Diane Lane Brolin but I love your husband. I just watched his interview on Inside the Actor's Studio and through the stench of failed actor that permeates off of James Lipton, shone the brillance of Mr. Brolin. I have loved you since Goonies.

What I especially loved was his answers to the "Bernard Pivot by way of Proust" questions. His favorite swear word was "fucking shit." Not highly original but an example of his down-to-earth hottiness.
I don't remember all of his answers, but I will add my own and his if I remember them.

What is your favorite word?
me - anus
What is your least favorite word?
JB- Stinky (That is so adorable. I say stinky too.)
me - no
What turns you on creatively, spiritually, emotionally?
JB - Diane Lane
me - oddly enough I agree with Josh
What turns you off?
me - being ignored
What sound do you love?
JB - candles being lit
me - rain
What sound do you hate?
me - cats fighting
What is your favorite curse word?
JB - fucking shit
me - ass bastard
What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
me-FBI agent
What profession would you not like to do?
JB - Own an ice cream store where no kids like ice cream.
me - grief counselor
If heaven exists,what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the pearly gates?
JB- Okay, let's do it again.
me - That will do, Laura. That will do.
Proust answered these questions several time during his life. If you are interested in his answers check out Wikipedia. This is of course assuming that you are as big a Proust geek as I am.
You're not? Really?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hottie!

Are you a big fan of the movie Little Miss Sunshine? If not, one of the main characters is a Proust scholar and there's an excellent piece of advice he gives based on his life. Here, I will copy and paste it for you because I love it that much. Enjoy!

"Frank: Do you know who Marcel Proust is?
Dwayne: He's the guy you teach.
Frank: Yeah. French writer. Total loser. Never had a real job. Unrequited love affairs. Gay. Spent 20 years writing a book almost no one reads. But he's also probably the greatest writer since Shakespeare. Anyway, he uh... he gets down to the end of his life, and he looks back and decides that all those years he suffered, those were the best years of his life, 'cause they made him who he was. All those years he was happy? You know, total waste. Didn't learn a thing. So, if you sleep until you're 18... Ah, think of the suffering you're gonna miss. I mean high school? High school-those are your prime suffering years. You don't get better suffering than that."

What Now? said...

I'll let you keep Brolin if I can have Cusak all to myself. Deal?

City Dweller Suburban Drone said...

Thanks Sarah for the Little Miss Sunshine quote. I just saw that movie and I absolutely loved Steve Carell (sp) as a Proustian scholar. It really is fabulous advice.

Yes Ann you can have Cusak. I am assuming you mean Joan Cusak, right?

Anonymous said...

Joan would be fun to have coffee with, but John's my Cusak of choice, thank you very much.

chad.02 said...

but does he play Warhammer?! the true test of down-to-earthiness