Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Back and Better than Before




I have been spending all my blogging energy on my dad's Caringbridge site for the last month. Now it is time to get back to business. Thank you Chad.02 for giving me a cyber kick in the butt (not as painful as a real kick in the butt but I am really speaking metaphorically.)

So, one of the all time most fantastic men I have had the privilege to know has left the building. And no I am not talking about Elvis. We never met. I am afraid that my mind will probably be filled with thoughts of him for quite some time, but there are other things to discuss. For example, my ex-sister in law totally budged me in line as we were being seated at my dad's funeral and my own kids ended up sitting in the second row while that harpy sat in front. Really nice huh? Well, I guess I can't expect much more from her given her "fabulous" manners while she and Sam were married. But really! At a funeral?


I also now have a new found respect for the Veteran's Administration Hospital in Minneapolis. At least the MICU (place where the really sick vet's go) gave the best care I have seen in a hospital. There cafeteria could use a little work but you can't have everything. I also had a little crush on my dad's critical care doc. He looks like a cuter, younger Tony Danza. I have always been a sucker for the Danza. He cried when Dad died. I didn't know docs did that in front of families. It just shows we are all human. He also really thought Dad was going to make it, but Dad had other plans. He always ran on his own schedule.


Well I said I had other things to talk about, but I guess I really only had one.
I miss my dad.

5 comments:

Holly said...

That is a great picture of your dad. We've all been thinking about you and wondering how we can help out. Now I know how...I can make a voodoo doll of your ex-sister-in-law and stick the bejesus out of it.

City Dweller Suburban Drone said...

That would be much appreciated.

Anonymous said...

So glad to have you back, McQ! You were missed in both cyber and actual space.

I'd like one of those sister-in-law dolls as well. Make it an extra large.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back at it. We missed you and we've all been thinking about you.

Anonymous said...

I'll go after the ex-sister-in-law if you'll introduce me to the doctor.

It's good to have you back. Oh, have I said that yet?